Saturday, August 4, 2007

TELENOVELAS IN THE CLASSROOM


This coming semester (starts in two weeks!) I will be teaching a class titled "Telenovelas, Culture and Society." I've taught before a 1-credit hour Honors Seminar in Spanish about the topic. But, this is the first time I will be teaching a 3-credit hour course. The students will have an intermediate level of Spanish, enough for them to get the gist of what they will be watching on television.

As far as I know, there are only a handful of courses in the U.S that include telenovelas. Most of them in Romance Language departments. Therefore, there aren't any models to follow in the field of communication.

I' almost done designing my course. However, I would LOVE to know what you, readers of my blog, would include in a course about Telenovelas.

With tremendous gratitude, I look forward to your coments...

No comments:

Post a Comment